Lieutenant Wes Adair is the leader of the Military forces in the central Texas area, and though he's relatively young, he's done a solid job in keeping his forces together against intimidating odds, and doing his best to try and maintain order. Though not a man open to much in the way of compromise, he does his best to be understanding and fair.
Adair's Respect for the player is tracked over the course of the game (similar to that of the Subleaders). This can impact whether or not soldiers are hostile, as well as alternate game endings.
Events[edit | edit source]
- Adair will show up at the Shelter on Day 62, asking for supplies. This will trigger a Crisis Event, where you can decide whether or not to assist him. If Sgt. Hartz showed up earlier and you gave him supplies, Adair will break it to you that you've been tricked. If you give him Hartz's name, Adair will try and track him down for you.
- When Adair returns (two days later), if you agree to give him food, he'll gain Respect for you, and offer to answer any questions you have. If you refuse, he'll lose Respect, and the Military will be hostile towards you.
- On Day 67, if Paul Rainier is an Ally, Adair will ask for him to be handed over to them to rejoin military service. He'll give you a day to consider your options - this will trigger a Crisis Event, where you can decide whether or not to let Paul join them.
- If you let Paul join, you'll lose him as an ally, but gain Respect from Adair.
- If you refuse to let Paul join, Adair will lose Respect (the Military will not become hostile).
- If you make a show of force towards the Military, Adair will lose Respect, and the Military will become hostile.
- If you don't have Paul in the Shelter, Adair will ask for 30 Antibiotics. If you give him the Antibiotics, he'll gain Respect. If you have a Negotiation skill of 9 or more, you can say you don't have any, causing Adair to lose Respect. If you have a Negotiation skill of 7 or more, you can offer 20 Antibiotics instead (if the resources are available), causing Adair to gain Respect. If you refuse the Antibiotics, he'll lose Respect, and the Military will become hostile.
- On Day 70, the Military will take over the Oil Refinery. Ken Nash will show up injured at the Shelter (if you have a good relationship with him) after escaping the Military. He will ask for sanctuary and you can let him join, refuse to help him, or kill him.
- On Day 75, the Military will take over the Militia HQ.
- On Day 76, Jefferson will show up at the gate (if you are not hostile to the Militia) saying that the Military killed his brother, and asking for help in a retaliatory strike.
- If you allowed Ken Nash into the Shelter, Adair will show up on Day 78 and demand you hand him over.
- If you agree, Adair will gain Respect for you, but Nash will die in an attempt to escape.
- If you have a Negotiation skill of 8 or more (and Adair respects you), you can ask Adair to let Nash go - he'll make it clear that doing so would cause him to lose Respect for you. Adair will let Nash go, causing him to lose Respect.
- If you refuse, Adair will lose Respect, and the Military will become hostile.
- Adair will mention where Hartz is located (if he respects you and the Military is not hostile). It is also possible to ask Adair about his background.
- With enough Respect, Adair will assist in evacuating the Shelter, if you agree to stay behind and join his group.
- With less than 15 Allies, it is possible to invade the Military camp and kill Adair, allowing the opportunity for pilot Kathy Wen to transport you and your group to safety.
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Health||Action Points||Armor Class||Strength||Agility||Vigor||Perception||Melee||Ranged||Leadership||Negotiation||Medical||Science||Survival||Mechanical|
Combat[edit | edit source]
Adair is equipped with a Tactical Vest, AKA7, and a Grenade. His camp includes many soldiers who also tend to use Grenades, which will cause massive damage, especially if Allies are grouped together during combat.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Adair's visual reference is actor Stark Sands (Lt. Fick in the miniseries Generation Kill).