Todd Kantell is a television preacher from Dallas who escaped from the city with Priscilla Butler and a fair amount of other survivors. When he arrives at the Shelter, he and Priscilla are the only ones left.
Recruitment[edit | edit source]
Todd shows up at the Shelter gate on Day 14 together with Priscilla. Simply don't turn them away, and they will gladly join.
Events[edit | edit source]
- The morning after joining the Shelter, Todd will ask to join the major Shelter decisions. If you allow him to without issue, he'll gain a little Respect for you. If you refuse, he'll say he was asked to anyway, and will lose Respect for you.
- Five days after he joins the Shelter, Todd will lose a great deal of Mood, and ask you not to take him outside the Shelter. If you agree, he'll gain Mood and Respect - if you have a Leadership skill of 3 or higher, you can follow this up with a statement that makes him raise his Respect a good amount more. If you push him to go outside, he'll be more desperate, and if you have Negotiation of 3 or more, you can convince him to make people see things your way more often - gaining him a bit of positive Mood and a great deal of Respect.
- The sixth day Todd is in the Shelter, Todd will ask to hold a religious service every Sunday. If you refuse, he'll lose a great deal of Respect for you. If you agree, he'll gain Respect for you. If you ask for details, he'll state that he needs some materials (about 10 Morale items) - if you allow him the items, he'll gain Respect; if you have Negotiation of 4 or more, you can cut this number down (but get no Respect bonus); refuse, and he'll lose a lot of Respect.
- On the 24th day, Todd will ask if he can pray with you. If you allow him to and be respectful, Todd will gain a lot of Respect. If you say you're not a Christian and would like to stick to your own faith, or if you say you don't think religion is a big deal but remain respectful and allow him to ask you questions, Todd will respect that and still gain Respect. If at any time you're openly hostile, he'll lose a fair amount of Respect for you.
- At day 34, if Regina is the Shelter, Todd will tell you Regina pushed him around and threatened him. If you say you'll talk to her, he'll gain some Respect for you. If you tell him to work it out with her on his own, he'll lose Respect. If you have a Leadership of 6 or more, you can encourage him to ignore her - which will gain you some Respect.
- On day 39, if Regina is the Shelter and you haven't done anything about her earlier assault, Todd will tell you Regina came after him again, and lose some Mood - and claim he needs to replace about a dozen things Regina broke. If you allow him to take what he needs (12 morale items), he'll gain some Mood and Respect. Deny him, and he'll lose Mood and Respect. If you have Negotiation of 7 or more, you can talk him down to half of that, he'll still get the Mood and Respect bonuses.
- On day 54, Todd will ask for about a dozen Morale items. If you allow him the items, he'll gain some Respect. If you have the items and a Leadership of 4 or more, you can give him 15 items instead and he'll gain a lot of Respect for you. A Negotiation skill of 5 or more will lets you reduce the number to 6 and still gain Respect. Turning him down will lose a fair amount of Respect.
- If Priscilla is killed, Todd will ask for a funeral for her. If you allow him the parts and the time, he'll gain Respect for you. If you refuse him, he'll lose a fair amount of Respect. If you have Negotiation of 5 or above, you can suggest using the supplies to protect her friends instead, and he'll take time but gain no Respect.
- On day 60, after Priscilla tells you the truth about how the reached the shelter thanks to the sacrifice of a policeman who guided him and her here rather than the stroke of fate. He will show concern that people will be angry at him for lying about how he got here. You can tell him that the lie will not help him and either blackmail or assure him that while you are angry about him lying you need his support for the sake others. This results in a huge respect boost.
- If you have Karen and Craig in the Shelter, and Karen has approached you and asked for help with getting an abortion, Todd will approach you and tell you Craig was afraid Karen was asking for your help with that matter, and ask you to talk Karen into keeping the baby. If you agree, he'll gain Respect. If you refuse or are noncommittal, he'll lose a fair amount of Respect.
Special Requests[edit | edit source]
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Sleeping Pills
- Wood-Reinforced Fence
Stats[edit | edit source]
- See also Ally Stats.
Survivors develop their skills over time, these stats represent their starting point.
|Health||Action Points||Armor Class||Strength||Agility||Vigor||Perception||Melee||Ranged||Leadership||Negotiation||Medical||Science||Survival||Mechanical|
Todd immediately works on maxing out his Negotiation skill, then works on both Medical and Leadership skills, then works a bit on his Mechanical, Science, and Ranged skills. He gains stat points in Perception and Vigor.
Traits[edit | edit source]
- Religious Authority: "Todd's calming authority gives a +1 Morale per day bonus."
- Sub-Leader: "This person is someone who speaks with authority, and whom certain people have chosen to listen to."
- Wooden Wall: "This ally enjoys having a Wood-Reinforced Fence around the Shelter, and will gain a one-time Mood boost after it is completed."
Play Style[edit | edit source]
Todd is not a good candidate for the world outside the Shelter walls - not only does he not have good combat skills, but his chance for Panic is rather high for both Damage and Horror. His daily Morale bonus and his very high Negotiation skill helps make him useful for odd jobs around the Shelter.
Todd will react negatively to killing neutral survivors.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Age: 35
- Hometown: Dallas, TX
- Sick Event: stomach issues
- Shelter Location: First floor, near cafeteria entrance