Pepper is a female attack dog and more experienced dog than Lightning, immediately recognizing the tricks that the player can choose for her to perform.
Recruitment[edit | edit source]
Pepper can be found in the "Scrapyard", east of Splendid on Route 281. Move through the scrapyard to the house at the back, and enter the bedroom - she'll be cowering in a corner. Be calm with the dog, and look around for something it might like - a pillow shaped like a pepper shaker. Keep picking responses that mention the word "pepper," and eventually your character will realize that's her name, and she'll be excited to follow you.
Events[edit | edit source]
- If you take Lightning with you to the Scrapyard where Pepper is, you will get special options allowing you to bypass the "puzzle" to recruit Pepper.
- If you have less than 20 Food in the Shelter, you have the option to kill Pepper for food. This results in a Morale loss equivalent to the death of an ally (-50), but 16 food.
- Pepper will only consume 1 Food per day (1/3 of a human's ration).
Special Requests[edit | edit source]
Stats[edit | edit source]
- See also Ally Stats.
Survivors develop their skills over time, these stats represent their starting point.
|Health||Action Points||Armor Class||Strength||Agility||Vigor||Perception||Melee||Ranged||Leadership||Negotiation||Medical||Science||Survival||Mechanical|
Pepper, like the other animals, does not advance any stats or skills over time.
Traits[edit | edit source]
- Canine: "A loyal companion, dogs may not be able to perform any jobs at the Shelter, or carry items or weapons in combat, but make up for this with their speed and keen senses."
Play Style[edit | edit source]
While in the Shelter, dogs can help with Guard Duty, but aren't able to work any other jobs. Although dogs are unable to use any armor or weapons and are vulnerable to damage, they have more AP than any other character, making them highly mobile. In addition to this, they will warn the player when unseen enemies are nearby. Their Bark attack can be used to draw out enemies, and they can knock down armored enemies to make them an easier target for other allies.
Pepper can carry items in her inventory (just not use any). Pepper will always be content.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Age: 5 (35 in dog years)
- Shelter Location: Outside Shelter, near sign
- Pepper's breed is Australian Cattle Dog.