Isobel Dee was a chemistry teacher at a high school (who recently got her PhD), and while she's married, both her husband and her son are now far away in Vermont with her parents, apparently safe. She was saved by Ulysses Ford and Darlene Lumpkin from zombies, so she joined them.
Recruitment[edit | edit source]
Isobel is recruited together with Ulysses Ford.
In order to recruit her, show up at the first meeting with Ford, and make sure to deal with him fairly. When Ford introduces himself, ask him to come back to the Shelter. Ford will be hesitant, but if you have a Negotiation skill of 8 or above, he can be talked into considering it - at that point, continue to be peaceful ("Give us a chance" or the other Negotiation-based comments). If you do, he'll give in and bring his team - Darlene, Harold, and Isobel - along.
Events[edit | edit source]
- If Isobel is bit, she'll bring the matter up (and will gain or lose Mood depending on your tone). She'll also ask you for some Soothinum to help her with the stress. If you don't have any, she'll take a small Mood penalty (and a larger one if you refuse to give her some) - if you're able to give her some, she'll have a small Mood boost. Her death scene will be reactive to your choice here.
- If Anita is alive, after nearly a week in the Shelter, she and Isobel will talk about their kids (reactive to Renee being alive or not). If you've lost someone (or mention others who have), you can snap at them to be more considerate (Mood loss for both), be supportive of Anita (small Mood boost), supportive of Isobel (small Mood boost for her), walk away, or let the conversation continue.
Special Requests[edit | edit source]
- Coffee Beans
- Science Lab
Stats[edit | edit source]
- See also Ally Stats.
Survivors develop their skills over time, these stats represent their starting point.
|Health||Action Points||Armor Class||Strength||Agility||Vigor||Perception||Melee||Ranged||Leadership||Negotiation||Medical||Science||Survival||Mechanical|
Isobel puts a lot of her skill points into maxing her Science skill, with Negotiation and Melee as backups - after maxing Negotiation, she'll spread her skills out into Medical and Leadership. Her stats first focus on Agility, then Strength and Vigor.
Traits[edit | edit source]
- Industrious: "Isobel's scientific skills have given her an advantage in creating an extra item each time she works on a project in the Science Lab."
- Workaholic: "Isobel's driven, work-focused nature is so inspiring that she creates an extra 2 Morale for the Shelter when she has any job."
- Science Nut: "This ally enjoys having a Science Lab in the Shelter, and will gain a one-time Mood boost after it is completed."
Play Style[edit | edit source]
Isobel's chemistry PhD should be put to good use; build her a Science Lab, and she'll be very comfortable working there.
Isobel will react negatively to killing neutral survivors.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Age: 51
- Hometown: Montpelier, VT
- Sick Event: menopause/hot flashes
- Subleader Supported: Paul
- Shelter Location: First floor, outside library
- Isobel's visual reference was actress Wendie Malick.